Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9-11-01 Never Forget, CC392 Color Challange


I know what you are thinking...'WOW' two posts in one day?? Actually I meant for earlier's post to have been yesterday's post...but forgot to click the 'publish' button!! Came down this morning to sit at the computer and low and behold...it was still there staring back at me!! Oops!!

Anyway...on to officially today's post. Today is 9/11 a day that none of us can forget. I was pregnant with Aiden watching PBS (which didn't break for any news/special reports) with my daughter Regan. My husband had called and told me to turn to the news, at that time only the first plane had crashed...sadly you know the rest. My heart goes out to all of the families affected by this tradgedy and for all of the lives lost. I am also grateful for the brave men and women who gave their lives on this day 11 years ago... and who continue to serve this amazing country. Thank-you~ 9-11-01 'Never Forget'.

 In early August I went on vacation with my two youngest (Regan and Aiden) to NYC. I could not believe it was my first time! We had a great time and took in all of what this wonderful city had to offer (Spiderman on Broadway, The Empire State Building, Central Park, The Statue of Liberty, Times Square and yes...even The Naked Cowboy!).

Here are Regan and Aiden at the 9-11 Memorial which honors the 2,983 men, women and children who perished in the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993.

I look forward to going back and think that during the cooler months it would be beautiful to take a nice autumn stroll through Central Park, or maybe in February (my B-Day month) asking my hubby to take me ice-skating at Rockefeller Plaza. We'll see~

Guess what??? I did something for the first time today...participated in a Color Challange posted on www.splitcoaststampers.com. There is a new 'Color Challenge' posted every Tuesday and now I can't wait until next week!! This week's challenge was to use the colors; Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze and Midnight Muse and create a 'Fall'/Thanksgiving themed card. It's called CC392 Crazy Midnight Pumpkin. Check it out and play along...or check back next Tuesday for more inspiration!
Here is my card:


Inside:

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Gently Falling (123804 C), Pursuit of Happiness (121970 C), Elements of Style (120045 C)
Card Stock: Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla, First Edition Specialty DSP
Ink: bleach (for the background leaves) Midnight Muse, Versamark
Access: heat tool, pewter embossing powder, linen thread, dimensionals, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, dotted scallop ribbon border punch, champagne mist shimmer paint (mixed with rubbing alcohol)

I knew it needed something...so I ventured outside and found 'a stick' and attached it with linen thread. The 'For You' sentiment has two layers of dimensionals to give it a wee bit more height. When it was done...it needed shimmer~ (everything does!!) I liked it~ so I decided then to make a gift:
Here is a close-up of the candle...click here for a tutorial on how to stamp on candles..it's fun and it has been awhile since I made one.

Tomorrow I will be posting my video tutorial on how I made my burlap banners...check back then!!

Take care,
Erin
Shop online 24/7 (even in your P.J.'s)
www.erinsstampart.stampinup..net
stampingwitherin@yahoo.com
 

No comments:

Blogging tips